What is the HygroGen2?
A reference generator for calibration of humidity and temperature instruments
• Generates stable humidity and temperature conditions
• Calibration solution for the laboratory and on-site
• Humidity equilibrium typically in 5 minutes
• Calibrate up to 6 probes simultaneously
• Can be used for virtually any manufacturers probes
• Built in programmer function allowing complete automation
• «AutoCal» (optional) automated calibration/adjustment suite
• Integrated touch screen PC with 9 USB ports
• Integrated FDA 21 CFR part 11 compliant Rotronic HW4 software
• Designed and manufactured in Great Britain
Since its launch in 2004, HygroGen has defined the standard for portable humidity and temperature calibration systems.
Hundreds of users worldwide have identified the HygroGen as the tool for rapid generation of stable temperature and humidity conditions, saving significant time performing calibrations and testing in many different applications.
The HygroGen2 launched in 2010 is the second generation chamber from the HygroGen range designed and manufactured in the UK. The HygroGen2 has been developed utilising the latest computational fluid dynamics design and development methodologies. Combined with advanced humidification and drying processes the HygroGen2 is capable of generating highly stable temperature and humidity conditions extremely rapidly.
The HygroGen2's latest features are further expanding its range of application;
• Control ranges now cover -5...60degC and 2...98%rh
• Remote connectivity is now possible via a suitable web enabled devices
• Autocal suite enables automated calibration, adjustment and certificate generation for Rotronic devices
• MBW chilled mirror integration is further driving down calibration uncertainties
• Rear port connections allow the HygroGen2 to deliver to controlled dew point gas to external spaces
|Sensor||HygroClip-S Capacitive %rh sensor pt100 temperature sensor|
|Controller||Embedded multiple input PID controller, touch screen graphical user interface|
|Control Specifications||Relative Humidity||Temperature|
|Range||5…95 %RH (2...99 %RH with range extension option)||0…60 °C (-5...60 °C with range extension option)|
|Stability at equilibrium||<0.1 %RH||<0.02 °C|
|Chamber temperature gradients||<0.05 °C (15…50 °C), <0.1 °C (5…60 °C), ±0.15 °C at 0 °C|
|Generation method||Mixed flow with desiccant dryer cell and piezoelectric humidifier||Peltier thermoelectric element with radial chamber mixing fan|
|Performance Specifications||Relative Humidity||Temperature|
|Response time||3 mins (35 to 80%RH change)||5 mins (20 to 30°C change)|
|Control probe specification||±0.8%RH (23°C±5) ±1.5%RH (0…60 °C)||±0.1°C(23°C±5) ±0.2°C(0…60°C)|
|Typical calibration uncertainty||±1.5 %RH (k=2) at 23 °C||±0.15 °C (k=2) 15…50 °C|